About NeuroDiversity Connect
NeuroDiversity Connect is a community organisation that will work across Australia, where neurodivergent people and their families seek support, community & inclusion.
Our first activities are:
- Establishing a National lending library of resources that will be run by post so people Australia wide can easily access resources and materials helpful to promoting acceptance and appropriate support.
- Consulting with the Blue Mountains community about establishing a hub in the area, which can offer support, community and advocacy to local neurodivergent children, young people and adults, and their families.
- Developing a range of resources and workshops, for educators, professionals and families.
NeuroDiversity Connect is an Australian not for profit company, with the Chair and majority of the Board being neurodivergent. You can meet our Board of Directors here.
What is Neurodiversity & Neurodivergent?
- Neurodiversity means the diversity of human brains and minds.
- Neurodivergent means having a brain that works in ways that are significantly different (divergent) from our society’s standard of ‘normal’.
- More about neurodiversity & neurodivergence here.
At NeuroDiversity Connect, we believe neurodivergence is a normal and expected part of the human experience. We believe neurodivergent people have rights to be treated with dignity, and to be included in family, civic, and community life as they choose. We want all neurodivergent Australians to experience safety, wellbeing and healthy relationships. We seek to provide community education and individual support and advocacy to achieve this.